Facial Liposculpture (Philadelphia)Before & After Photos
What is Facial Liposculpture?
Facial liposculpture — or facial fat transfer — is a natural facial rejuvenation method. Fat is suctioned from a problem area somewhere else on the body — somewhere where the fat is most hardy and troublesome to lose, like the stomach or thighs. Then, that fat is washed, refined, purified, and sized into varied-sized particles for graft implantation into the face.
Liposculpture restores volume to the face. Compared to alternative methods, it is a more permanent, and potentially more natural, solution to various signs of aging. It is also less expensive than synthetic fillers, especially over time.
Dr. Allan Wulc’s liposculpture technique can help improve the quality and texture of the skin while improving hollows and drooping skin. Dr. Wulc is a liposculpture expert in the Philadelphia area with 25+ years of experience in cosmetic and plastic surgery.
The Benefits of Facial Liposculpture:
Fat naturally provides your skin with substance, shape, and contour. Why choose liposculpture over synthetic fillers?
- Save Money for Longer Lasting Results. Fat adds volume to the aging face — including sagging eyelids, cheeks, and facial hollows. Using synthetic fillers as an alternative to facial liposculpture would be much more expensive, and they only produce temporary results.
- Slim Your Waist While Aging Backwards. During facial fat transfer, you can kill two birds with one stone. While rejuvenating your face, you also have the opportunity to contour your body and smooth your waistline. Fat can be taken from places of excess such as the hips or love handles before it’s restored in your face.
- Fix Blemishes, Scars, and Other Imperfections. Small particulate fat can be altered mechanically to create a fraction of tissue that is denser in growth factors and progenitor cells (SVF). This can be used to fill scars caused by surgery, injury, or acne.
- Correct Past Tightening Procedures. Liposculpture can restore volume in the skin of the face or eyelids after it has been overly and unnaturally tightened — recreating softness in areas of scarring or atrophy.
- No Synthetic Materials in Your Body. Fat is natural and biocompatible.
- Regenerative Benefits. The fat that is added to the face will improve general texture of the skin, making it appear more youthful.
Am I a Good Candidate for Liposculpture?
Good candidates for liposculpture fat transfer are men and women in overall good health who:
- Have signs of aging and would like to restore volume to your face or minimize lines and wrinkles
- Have unwanted excess fat in certain areas of the body that stubbornly resists diet and exercise
- Are concerned about synthetic dermal fillers, a facelift, or implants, but would like to have significant long-lasting results
- Do not smoke
- Are near their ideal weight and have good skin elasticity
All plastic surgery results vary and are based on the specific needs and goals of each patient. Dr. Wulc will review realistic expectations with you during your initial consultation.
We have found that fat is not useful for rejuvenating the lips because it cannot survive in a host site where movement (e.g. swallowing, chewing, and speaking) occurs. Fat may sometimes “take” in these locations, but it is associated with tremendous swelling which rarely justifies the outcome. We rarely put fat in the lips for this reason and suggest temporary dermal fillers as an alternative.
What Can I Expect During a Facial Fat Transfer Procedure?
The entire treatment can be performed under local anesthesia. Patients often opt for minimal sedation. After the local is administered, Dr. Wulc begins with a gentle liposuction technique to harvest the fat cells needed for facial fat transfer. We create small incisions in inconspicuous areas of the body and inserts a cannula to suction and extract approximately 20–250cc of excess fat from the abdomen, love handles, buttocks, outer thighs, or knees. The area to be used and the approximate amount to be harvested will be discussed with you during your consultation.
Once the necessary amount of fat has been removed, Dr. Wulc processes the fat cells gently and carefully. In select cases, we may add growth factors into the harvested fat from your blood (PRP) to enhance the survival of the grafts.
Dr. Wulc then injects the purified sized fat into facial hollows using a small blunt cannula to fill areas like dark circles under the eyes, specific scars or defects. Larger amounts of fat are also grafted to replace lost volume in the eyebrows, cheeks, jawline and specific treatment areas, all using sized fat and atraumatic blunt cannulas.
WHAT WILL MY RECOVERY LOOK LIKE?
Liposculpture recovery times vary. Most patients take seven to ten days to allow themselves to recover before returning to work or social activities. The initial swelling gradually subsides during the first three weeks, but the final results will not be visible until at least six months have passed. Improvement seems to continue for up to 24 months.
The area or areas where the fat was removed is generally swollen and leaks fluid for about 36 hours. 250cc represents a relatively small amount of fat and most patients notice little to no change in the areas that have been suctioned.
HOW MUCH DOES FACIAL FAT TRANSFER COST IN PHILADELPHIA?
Here at W Cosmetic Surgery we take pride in creating a customized plan to help each patient achieve their individual goals, therefore pricing for a facial fat transfer varies based on each patient’s case and needs.
Our pricing also includes a variety of factors that can affect the overall cost such as anesthesia, surgeon’s fee, etc. Dr. Wulc and his team can provide you with a more personalized price estimate in your consultation.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST SURGEON FOR A FACIAL FAT TRANSFER
When choosing a surgeon, you should ensure that they are board certified in plastic surgery and perform liposuction on a regular basis. In addition, your surgeon should take your concerns and goals seriously, and prioritize natural-looking results and solutions.
Dr. Wulc specializes in liposculpture and has performed this procedure for 20+ years. He has developed specialized techniques which we feel improve the take of the fat and enhance the overall results.
He is quadruple certified and the lead surgeon at W Cosmetic Surgery™.
LIPOSCULPTURE SURGERY RESULTS
BOOK YOUR LIPOSCULPTURE CONSULTATION
Interested in facial fat transfer? Contact us today to learn more
The consultation is a private meeting for you to discuss your goals, have your candidacy assessed, and ask any questions you may have about the procedure.
Dr. Wulc will examine your skin and facial structure to determine the treatment options that can help you reach your goals.
Discover your possibilities.
Schedule a consultation
Saturday - Sunday Closed