Deep Neck Lift (Philadelphia)see before & after photos
For some, the neck shows signs of aging earlier than the face. This can cause the neck to appear overly thick and the jawline to lack definition.
A deep neck lift with Dr. Wulc of Philadelphia can re-sculpt your neck and improve these aesthetic concerns, based on your individual facial structure. Leave feeling and looking like a refreshed, younger, more confident version of yourself.
What is a Deep Neck Lift?
A routine neck lift removes fat from the superficial tissues usually using liposuction. The platysma muscle — the muscle that forms the cord in the neck — is tightened and sometimes weakened.
A deep neck lift, on the other hand, takes place under that platysma muscle. It is here that most undesirable changes and signs of aging occur. The midline contains deep fat that extends almost all the way to the jaws, which can create a sagging or puffy appearance. A deep neck lift can address these issues.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A DEEP NECK LIFT?
A deep neck lift can improve the look of the neck by removing excess fat and tightening the tissues. A neck lift can:
- Address a sagging neck
- Reestablishes the sharp angles of the jawline and neck
- Slim the jawline and improve facial appearance by creating a more youthful look
- Eliminate a double chin
- Smooth bands and creases in the neck
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A DEEP NECK LIFT?
Both men and women alike can benefit from neck lift surgery. The procedure can be tailored to enhance either a feminine or masculine jawline.
Patients who are best suited for this a deep neck lift surgery are those with poor neck definition who are in good overall health and who have realistic expectations of the surgical outcome.
Which Procedures Best Compliment a Neck Lift?
If you’re looking to maximize your results, we often see patients having success receiving the following procedures with a neck lift:
- Chin Implant
- Deep Plane Facelift
- Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty)
- Brow Lift
- Skin Smoothing Treatments (Laser Skin Resurfacing, Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, etc.)
How is a Deep Neck Lift Performed?
A neck lift begins with a small incision under the chin and incisions behind the ears. The incisions are hidden in the natural curve of the back of the ears and practically not visible in the neck once healed. Localized fat deposits can be repositioned within the neck, or removed with liposuction or under direct view with excision.
Excess tissue is sculptured and jowl fat is trimmed. The separated vertical platysma muscles of the neck are sutured together to create a sleek and slender neck. When necessary, extra skin is trimmed away from the neck from behind the ears to hug the new contours. The skin is closed with absorbable sutures.
Deep Neck Lift Recovery
The recovery period is generally 10-12 days. Within one to two weeks. Any discoloration or surgical incisions in the neck area can be covered with approved cosmetics, usually 7 to 10 days postoperatively.
The neck may feel tight and slightly stiff for a few weeks, but the sensations gradually fade as your results emerge, and ultrasonic techniques that we employ in our office soften this stiffness.
Trust W Cosmetic Surgery for Your Deep Neck Lift
If you live in Philadelphia and are interested in eyelid surgery, you owe it to yourself to visit facial plastic surgeon Dr. Wulc of W Cosmetic Surgery who has unique credentials:
- He is board certified by the ABMS board in Ophthalmology.
- He fellowship trained in eye and facial plastic surgery and is a diplomate of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- He is board certified in Facial Cosmetic Surgery by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, where he served as a trustee for six years.
- He is fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Wulc has been recognized by Castle- Connolly and Philadelphia magazine as a Top Doc for more than 25 years consecutively.
Discover your possibilities.
Schedule a consultation
Saturday - Sunday Closed